Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Here We Go

I've been considering making a blog for about a year now, but here's the thing. I couldn't think of a name. I tried countless times to come up with something that was witty and creative and perfect. I agonized over it for weeks, MONTHS!

Okay, maybe not agonizedBut no matter how hard I thought, I couldn't think of anything at all. Then a miracle occurred folks. I found out that the name of a blog is NOT permanent. Hallelujah, praise the Lord! So I came up with a name that was neither witty nor creative and here we are.

Anyways, I might as well tell you a little bit about me and why I thought I oughta start a blog.

I go to the University of Utah and am majoring in Advanced Indecision. Or in other words, I don't really know what I want to do with my life quite yet but I'm considering physical therapy. I am a below-the-knee amputee and I have been since I was 14 months old.  I'll elaborate on that in a future post. I am a soon-to-be missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I am so excited! I believe in a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior who knows me perfectly and I want to share the happiness of the gospel with whoever Heavenly Father would have me share it with. I love spending time with my crazy family and friends and I love them very much.  I want to be a mommy when I grow up. I'm a sucker for chick flicks and homemade chocolate chip cookies and I have an addiction to ice cream, shopping, and watching mission call videos. My roommates have become my best friends. I love the smell of the rain and I believe there is a relatable country song for every situation in life. I'm not real fond of shoe shopping or the cold and I'm absolutely terrified of needles. I believe everything happens for a reason and that it always works out in the end. I love being me :)

I started a blog because I'm going on a mission and I want to keep people up to date on my life and also because A LOT of things go through my mind, and every once in a while I think "Wow Shalee, that's an awesome thought! Too bad the rest of the world doesn't know what you're thinking!" Well, here you go world. You're welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister:
    This is amazing. We have somethings in common. I love University of Utah ;) I want to finish my career as Nuclear Medicine Engineer in U of U after my the best stop of my life. I have been call to server as a missionary of Church (LDS), in SLC West Mission. I'm so grateful for EVERYTHING that Heavenly Father did and does for my. I love LDS Mission Call on Facebook and of course chocolate ice-cream with chocolate and extra-chocolate. I'm learning English :) and I love the members of LDS. Good luck sister The Holy Ghost will be with you. You are great missionary.

    ReplyDelete