Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Thoughts on General Conference

I love General Conference! What a wonderful thing to be inspired and uplifted all while wearing my pajamas! Really though, conference just keeps getting better and better. I've had an ever present smile on my face since the first session began!


I had the awesome opportunity to attend the Sunday morning session of conference with my best friends and it was amazing! I can't even properly convey to you the things that I felt. Watching thousands of people fill the conference center filled me with joy and wonder. They knew what I knew. They had the truth of the gospel. There was a visible light and an air of happiness all around downtown and you just couldn't help but feel the happiness that comes only from the gospel of Jesus Christ.


Every word that was spoken in this glorious conference was inspired and was no doubt the answer to a heartfelt prayer. Many of the words spoken were answers to my own prayers. There were so many great talks that I couldn't possibly pick one. So here are a few of my favorite quotes from all of the talks.

"The perfect place to begin is exactly where you are right now." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf 
"In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited." - Jeffrey R. Holland 
"Stay on the Lord's side and you will win EVERY TIME." - Richard G. Scott
"Imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to him but he deals with it. So should we." - Jeffrey R. Holland
"Recognize the good in others and not their stains." - Richard G. Scott
"She understood who she was, and whose she was." - Elaine S. Dalton 
"We need to bear in mind that people can change... We must learn to see them as the Lord sees them." - Richard G. Scott
"The Lord wants to forgive." - Craig A. Cardon 
"Friendship is like the asphalt of life. It fills the potholes and makes the journey smoother." - Richard G. Scott  
"You can depend on the Lord to draw closer to them as you serve Him in faith." - Henry B. Eyring 
"Trust in the Lord and His timing." - Richard G. Scott 
"Heavenly Father has shown us not just a way, but the way." - Stanley G. Ellis 
"Catch the wave of missionary work." - Russell M. Nelson
"Disconnect from technology and reconnect with each other." - Rosemary M. Wixom
"With Christ, darkness cannot succeed." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf  
If you didn't get the chance to watch all 4 sessions of conference I encourage you to watch it! Chances are you will find the answers to your own questions in the words that are spoken, the hymns that are sung, or simply in the whisperings of the spirit. You can watch or listen to the full conference here.


I know that my Redeemer lives and that He loves me. I know that President Monson truly is a prophet of God. I know with all of my heart that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me more than I could ever comprehend. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to hear the words of the prophet every 6 months and I'll be counting down the days until I get to hear them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment